Aroostook County To Receive Federal Monies For Local Food And Shelters
There is good news coming to the County as it has been chosen to receive $31,983 to supplement Emergency Food and Shelter Programs here.
The National Board, which is chaired by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency, made the selection.
Representatives come from the American Red Cross; Catholic Charities, USA; National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA; The Jewish Federations of North America, The Salvation Army: and, United Way Worldwide.
The distribution of these funds will be determined by a local board, made up of United Way officials, Aroostook County Emergency Management, and local volunteers.
In order to receive portions of the grant monies, chosen agencies must:
- Be a private, voluntary, non-profit or unit of government
- Be eligible to receive Federal funds
- Have an accounting system
- Practice nondiscrimination
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/ or shelter programs
- If they are a private voluntary organization, they must have a voluntary board.
All qualifying agencies are being encouraged to apply.
If your agency or organization is interested in applying for these Federal funds, please contact Sherry Locke with the United Way of Aroostook County at 207-764-5197.
You may also email Mrs. Locke at Sherry@unitedwayaroostook.org.
Applications are to be received no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 31.