Carbon Monoxide Suspected in Death of New Brunswick Woman
An elderly couple was found unconscious in their home on Route 120 in Lac Baker, New Brunswick Thursday evening.
Lac Baker firefighters were called to the scene at around 6:30 p.m., according to CIMT-CA. The RCMP and the coroner also responded.
A woman in her 80's was pronounced dead at her home. The man, also in his 80's, was transported by ambulance to the Edmundston Regional Hospital, where he remains in serious condition.
The RCMP and the fire marshal are investigating what appears to be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning. Investigators suspect there may have been a problem with the home's heating system. Further details are expected to be released soon.