A fire late Sunday night at a four-unit apartment house in Edmundston has displaced 7 tenants.

Firefighters responded to the blaze on Rice Street shortly after 10 p.m.

The fire, which began in the electrical panel of the older two-storey house, damaged a second-storey unit and forced the evacuation of all four apartments.

Canadian Red Cross volunteers arranged emergency lodging and meals for three men and two women from two units.

Two men from the other two apartments arranged to stay with relatives for the time being. There were no injuries.

More From