Patients and staff were swiftly and safely evacuated Thursday afternoon when an equipment malfunction caused a small fire in an air handler on the roof of the North Street Health Center in Presque Isle

Officials said the building was filled with smoke and give off a rubber-like smell.

Fire alarms rang out at approximately 4pm at the North Street Health Center, which houses Northern Light Pediatrics, Northern Light Walk-In Care, Northern Light Primary Care and Northern Light Laboratory.

The Presque Isle Fire Department responded within minutes and Northern Light Emergency Transport was dispatched to the scene.

Within fifteen minutes, the building was deemed safe by Presque Isle firefighters and patients and staff were allowed back in the building. There were no injuries.

More From