Kelsea Ballerini + Thomas Rhett Wrote Carly Pearce + Michael Ray’s New Duet
Carly Pearce and husband Michael Ray have long been teasing a new duet -- but what the lovebirds didn't share, until now, is that two other young country stars are among the song's co-writers. The song, called "Finish Your Sentences," was co-written by, among others, Kelsea Ballerini and Thomas Rhett.
The seventh of 13 songs on Carly Pearce, Pearce's forthcoming sophomore album, "Finish Your Sentences" was also penned by Jesse Frasure and Ashley Gorley. The song, Ray shared in June, captures the early days of his and Pearce's relationship.
"It's really about the first stages of the relationship and the connection of, you know, whenever you're starting to feel that it just starts to blend," Ray said at the time. He hadn't yet popped the question to Pearce when they hit the recording studio together, and the song "definitely paints the perfect picture of how we were in the beginning."
Pearce and Ray got married in early October, after getting engaged about a year ago, around Christmas 2018.
In addition to "Finish Your Sentences," Carly Pearce includes a duet with Lee Brice, "I Hope You're Happy Now," which is Pearce's current single, and "Closer to You," her previous single. She co-wrote five of the songs; other songwriters featured on the project include the late busbee, who also produced the album; Little Big Town's Phillip Sweet and Jimi Westbrook; Luke Combs, one of Pearce's "I Hope You're Happy Now" co-writers; Old Dominion's Trevor Rosen; Laura Veltz, Natalie Hemby, Shane McAnally and more.
A full track list for Carly Pearce is below. The album is due out on Valentine's Day (Feb. 14).
Carly Pearce, Carly Pearce Track List:
1. “Closer to You” | Hillary Lindsey, Gordie Sampson, Troy Verges
2. “Call Me” | busbee, Emily Shackelton, Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook
3. “I Hope You’re Happy Now" (Carly Pearce and Lee Brice) | Carly Pearce, Luke Combs, Randy Montana, Jonathan Singleton
4. “Dashboard Jesus” | Victoria Banks, Sara Haze, Emily Shackelton
5. “Halfway Home” | Carly Pearce, Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz
6. “Heart’s Going Out of Its Mind” | Carly Pearce, Joe Ginsberg, Laura Veltz
7. “Finish Your Sentences" (Carly Pearce and Michael Ray) | Kelsea Ballerini, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Thomas Rhett
8. “It Won’t Always Be Like This” | Carly Pearce, Sam Ellis, Natalie Hemby
9. “Lightning in a Bottle” | Hannah Ellis, Anna Vaus
10. “Love Has No Heart” | Sara Haze, Shane McAnally, Trevor Rosen
11. “Woman Down” | Shane McAnally, Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz
12. “You Kissed Me First” | Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Gordie Sampson
13. “Greener Grass” | Hillary Lindsey, Jonny Price, Ben West
Country Singers Who Got Married or Engaged in 2019