Fireworks Safety Tips for the 4th of July
Are you planning to celebrate the 4th of July with fireworks? Fireworks are legal to purchase here in Maine, but you may want to familiarize yourself with local ordinances to make sure fireworks are legal in your town.
Many of us will be celebrating the 4th of July with family, friends, parades, barbeques and even with fireworks. Yes, fireworks are beautiful, but you want to make sure your safe while setting them off. Here are some quick safety tips!
• Know your fireworks. Read warning labels and performance
descriptions before igniting.
• Never attempt to alter consumer fireworks and use them only
in the manner in which they were intended.
• Always use fireworks outside and keep bucket of water or
hose close by.
• Wear safety glasses.
• Steer clear of others—fireworks have been known to backfire or shoot off in wrong direction.
• Point fireworks away from homes and brush and any flammable substances.
• Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak in a bucket of water.
• Soak spent fireworks with water before placing them in outdoor garbage can.
• Alcohol and fireworks to not mix.
Have fun and be safe! Happy 4th of July!