Country Pop Bites: Kenny Chesney – April 26
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2008 Kenny Chesney's right foot was caught between a mechanical lift and the stage at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, South Carolina?
It's true! It created a severe hematoma. He still finished the concert, which also featured Brooks & Dunn, LeAnn Rimes, Luke Bryan, Gary Allan and Uncle Kracker.
Check out this Kenny Chesney video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Kenny Chesney.
- He wrote the 1999 tune "You Had Me From Hello" after watching Renee Zellweger's performance in the 1996 film Jerry Maguire. Six years later, Chesney and Zellweger surprised the world with a quickie wedding and an even quicker annulment just four months later.
- He received numerous industry honors, including several Entertainer of the Year wins at both the Country Music Association Awards and the Academy of Country Music Awards.
- He is an avid football fan (he was a wide receiver in high school), and has participated in workouts with the New Orleans Saints and created a song for ESPN's college-football coverage.
- He was named No. 8 on Billboard's Top Touring Artists of the Decade. His stadium tours in the 2000s reached more than 9 million fans and were documented in the 2010 theatrical concert film Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D.
- He was honored as Tennessean of the Year by the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame in February 2011.