Cary Medical Center Hosting Community Blood Drive
It is the season of giving, and there is no better gift than the gift of life!
Cary Medical Center will host a community blood drive with the American Red Cross on Monday, December 18th from noon to 6 p.m. at the Caribou Inn & Convention Center.
To make an appointment to donate, call Kristi at 498-6516. Donors can also log onto redcrossblood.org and type in Sponsor Code: Cary MC
Here are some blood facts that are great for posting to social media or to use as a lead-in to an announcement about the drive:
- Blood donations decline from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day as people get busy with holiday activities.
- Blood is a perishable product that can only come from volunteer blood donors
- Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood
- Blood is routinely transfused to patients with cancer and other diseases, premature babies, organ transplant recipients and trauma victims
- Type O negative is the universal blood type that can be safely transfused to anyone, and is often used to treat trauma patients
- Donors with all blood types are needed, especially those with types O negative, A negative and B negative
Safe a life and donate blood!