Growing up in Maine, I think almost any kid would rake up a wicked pile of leaves and then run and jump into them. In fact, a friend of mine and his 4-year-old son did that for hours at my house last fall. As in Country Living, experts are saying that's not a good idea and here are the reasons why.

 

If the leaves are wet, it can be a rich place for harmful bacteria, like mold. Ticks could also be buried in that pile of leaves.

Child could be scratched if there are any rocks or twigs in your pile of leaves.

If the pile of leaves have been sitting there for more than a few days, you might find frogs, snakes and bugs.