A fire that destroyed a home in Woodland on Tuesday started in the kitchen.  The Caribou Fire Department said the fire at 443 Colby Siding Road was reported just after 9:30 a.m.

David Shaw

The home, belonging to Mike Doody was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived. Caribou firefighters received mutual aid from North Lakes Fire and Rescue as well as the Presque Isle, Stockholm and Limestone Fire Departments.They were able to quickly contain the blaze but the house was a total loss.The family was able to save some of their belongings.

Officials say grease left unattended on the kitchen stove triggered the fire.

David Shaw

According to the Caribou Fire Department, no one was injured in the fire.