Southern Aroostook Man’s Home Destroyed by Fire
A northern Maine man lost his 19th century farmhouse to fire Sunday afternoon.
Littleton Fire Chief Dwight Cowperthwaite says the blaze consumed the home of Michael Dechaine, located at 507 Front Ridge Road in Littleton. The chief says a neighbor called in the fire and the home was fully engulfed when crews from Littleton and Monticello arrived.
It took more than three hours for eighteen firefighters to quell the inferno. No one was hurt. The building was not insured.
Investigation points to a faulty electrical generator as the probable cause.
Dechaine is currently with friends in the Houlton area.