Smoke Interrupts Classes at Woodstock High School
Students and staff at Woodstock High School were evacuated Tuesday morning after smoke started drifting through the building.
The Woodstock Fire Department responded to an alarm shortly before noontime at the school on Connell Park Road. Chief Ricky Nicholson said students and staff were taken to the Carleton Civic Centre, which is within walking distance of the school.
Firefighters arrived to find smoke throughout the second floor and quickly traced the source to a faulty bearing in the heating system on the roof. Students were allowed to return to school at about 1:00 pm after the air quality was deemed to be safe.
A Woodstock High School official told us classes returned to normal shortly after 1:30. There were no reported injuries.