Propane Fire Near Echo Lake in Presque Isle [UPDATE]
Presque Isle Police and Fire Departments responded to a report of a propane fire at 24 Quoggy Jo Lake Road Tuesday morning.
The call came in around 8:30 a.m. The driver for Daigle Oil Company was filling a propane tank when it exploded in his face, according to Jesse Clark of the Department of Environmental Protection. Early reports indicated that the fire was extinguished before emergency crews arrived.
Police blocked off the dead-end road that runs alongside Echo Lake, while officials ensured the safety of people in nearby cottages.
When emergency services arrived on scene they found the driver laying in the road, struggling to breathe, according to Presque Isle Fire Department. Crown Ambulance transported the driver to the Aroostook Medical Center in Presque Isle. The driver did manage to put the fire out but the tank was still leaking and the delivery hose was still attached. Daigle Oil representatives were also on the scene Tuesday morning.
The incident is still under investigation.