Power Outages Planned for This Weekend, Crystal to Medway
Emera Maine crews are planning to perform reliability improvements on the electrical system in portions of northern Maine through southern Aroostook County Sunday, May 15, 2016, beginning at 5:00 a.m. for approximately five hours. Patten, Crystal, Sherman, Stacyville, Herseytown, Benedicta, Silver Ridge, Soldiertown, Grindstone, East Millinocket and Medway will be affected.
Emera representatives say this will affect customers on all roads and streets in:
- Town of Patten, areas serviced by Emera Maine
- Town of Crystal: a portion of Crystal Road and Cow Team Road
- Town of Sherman: a portion of Route 11, Route 158, North Street, a portion of Golden Ridge Road, Extract Road, Woodbridger Road, School Street and Kelly Hill Road
- Town of Benedicta: Benedicta Road, Silver Ridge Road, Pond Road, Aroostook Road, Sweeney Road, and Gantnier Road
- Town of Stacyville: Route 11, Grindstone Road and Kelly Hill Road
- Town of Herseytown: Grindstone Road
- Town of Soldiertown: Grindstone Road
- Town of Grindstone: Grindstone Road
- Town of East Millinocket: Grindstone Road
- Town of Medway: Grindstone Road.
Emera Maine is asking customers to stay clear of downed power lines and trees in contact with power lines.
Customers can report outages or ask questions by calling the Customers Service Center at (207) 973-2000 or 1-855-EMERA11 (1-855-363-7211) or on Twitter @emerame.