New Forecasted Border Wait Times Tool
The Canada Border Services Agency introduced a new tool on its web site recently to help travelers minimize their wait time at the Canada-U.S. border.
The Forecasted Border Wait Times tool is meant to help travelers, who are either visiting Canada or who are returning home from the U.S., plan their drive through any one of Canada's 26 busiest border crossings.
Border crossings at the Maine/New Brunswick ports that are on the list include St. Stephen, Edmundston and Woodstock Road.
Border Wait Times are:
- Updated at least once an hour, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- The border crossings are listed geographically from east to west.
- To make sure you have our current information, use your browser's refresh or reload function.
Forecasted Border Wait Times:
- Based on a statistical analysis of past traffic volumes and wait times.
- List peak travel dates for each province's across the country.
The new tool will tell you what the average daily wait time is for any day of the week as well as any major holidays including Canada Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.