Here is the log of some of the calls that Troop F of the Maine State Police responded to in the Aroostook County area this past week:

Maine State Police

Sept. 21 – Trooper Hafford responded to Madawaska Lake Twp. for a motor vehicle crash. A 1 gallon plastic jug went through the windshield of a north bound SUV and out through the rear window, injuring both the 86-year-old operator and his 81-year-old wife. It is not clear how this crash occurred but most likely the jug was either thrown from or fell from a passing vehicle. Operator of the vehicle did not remember meeting a vehicle prior to the crash. Click here for more details and photos.

Sept. 21 – Tr. Endre began investigating a theft of medication from a safe in Hammond. The investigation is ongoing.

Sept. 21 – Troopers Endre, Quint and Darcy responded to a domestic in Hodgdon where a male was reportedly armed with a rifle. Upon arrival the male said he was going hunting and was not going to harm himself. The parties were separated and no crime was committed.

Sept. 22 – Tr. Endre conducted a bail check on a 43-year-old Baileyville man after seeing him at court and knowing he was on bail. The man failed a urine test and was arrested at the Houlton Barracks for the bail violation.

Sept. 22 – Tr. Endre arrested a 55-year-old Linneus man for OUI stemming from traffic stop in Haynesville.

Sept. 22 – Tr. Michaud responded to a Perham residence where it was reported that a man’s son had come after him with a knife during an argument. Investigation revealed that the adult son suffers from several mental health issues and there was no crime committed. The son had ultimately threatened to harm himself with the knife and had fled into the woods. He returned home a short time later and the issue was resolved.

Sept. 23 – Tr. Hafford responded to Allagash for a 22-year-old male who was out of control. The male put a knife to his own throat and is schizophrenic. Tr. Hafford transported him to NMMC.

Sept. 23 – Tr. Hafford responded to Grand Isle for a theft of approximately $4000 worth of medical marijuana plants. Investigation is ongoing.

Sept. 23 – Troopers Casavant and Endre responded to Blaine for a domestic situation. As a result of the investigation a 33-year-old Blaine man was arrested for assault.

Sept. 23 – Tr. Hafford responded to Allagash for an unattended death of a 70-year-old female. Investigation showed nothing suspicious.

Sept. 23 – Tr. Hafford responded to Eagle Lake for a report of a male who parked his pickup in the middle of the road and was sleeping. Tr. Hafford arrested the male for OUI.

Sept. 24 – Tr. Luce was patrolling through Fort Kent and stopped a motorcycle for 101 mph in a 45 mph zone Southbound on Route 11. The operator did not have a motorcycle endorsement and was not wearing a helmet. Tr. Luce issued the man a criminal summons for both operating without a license and criminal speed.

Sept. 24 – Tr. Quint responded to a 911 call in Perham. The caller had poor cellular service and it was undetermined as to what she was reporting. Tr. Quint spoke with the woman and her husband who were having an argument. The parties had been separated for the night. 9/25 Tr. Levesque served a PO against the husband on behalf of the wife. Tr. Levesque notified Tr. Quint of the statement. Tr. Quint responded to the residence and spoke with the wife who then told Tr. Quint about an assault and mental and verbal abuse. The woman told Tr. Quint that she did not want to say what happened in front of their son. Tr. Quint located and arrested the husband without incident.

Sept. 26 – Tr. Saucier summonsed a 42-year-old man from Massachusetts for OAS. The man was previously charged for the same offense recently by Tr. Endre.

Maine State Police

Sept. 26 – Sgt. Jeff Clark and Tr. Stoutamyer responded to a residence in the town of Easton where the Crown Ambulance Service requested assistance with a 26-year-old paranoid schizophrenic male whose family said he was off his medications, and felt he needed to be taken to the hospital for an evaluation. The male did not state he wanted to harm himself or anyone else, but the family would not let him stay and wanted him removed. He was told multiple times to either go to the hospital, or to leave on his own, and he would not leave. He was placed under arrest for criminal trespass, and transported to the Aroostook County Jail in Houlton.

Troop F of the Maine State Police is responsible for Aroostook County and the extreme northern sections of Somerset, Piscataquis and Penobscot counties.