Knox Man Dead After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
State Police say a man from the Town of Knox was found dead this morning, apparently overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.
Troopers said 50 year old Timothy Woods from Morse Road had entered a detached garage on his property to refill a generator with gasoline.
The generator had been in operation in the early morning hours and the garage doors were closed. Family members found his body in the garage about 15 minutes later.
The incident was reported at about 5:30 a.m.
It is the first suspected carbon monoxide death in Maine from the ice storm.