Heroin and Crack Bust in Hancock County
The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office and the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency Tuesday night arrested two Bronx, New York men and three Hancock County residents following an investigation into the sale of heroin and cocaine base “crack” in Hancock County.
As part of continuing efforts focused on the growing presence of out of state drug traffickers selling heroin and “crack” cocaine in Hancock County, deputies , drug agents and Maine Marine Patrol Officers searched a home last night at 190 Taunton Drive in Sullivan. The searched followed an investigation which revealed that the individuals inside the home were allegedly selling heroin and crack. Evidence of drug trafficking along with approximately $6,300 of suspected drug proceeds was seized.
Arrested were --
- Christopher Cruz- 28, of the Bronx, New York has been charged with Class C Conspiracy to Traffic in Schedule W drugs (heroin and crack).
- Kevin Barner- 51, of the Bronx, New York has been charged with Class C Conspiracy to Traffic in Schedule W drugs (heroin and crack).
- Sherman Merchant- 32, of Gouldsboro was arrested on three outstanding warrants
- Jade Giger-30, of Gouldsboro was charged with Class C violation of conditions of release
- Matthew Leise- 39, of Sullivan was arrested on an outstanding Hancock SO warrant.
All were transported to the Hancock County Jail and were expected to make initial appearances in Ellsworth Unified Court later today.
The Ellsworth Police Department assisted investigators with a drug sniffing dog during the search last night. The investigation is continuing and more arrests are likely.