Graduation Speech: Everybody’s Free to Wear Sunscreen [VIDEO]
With graduation season upon us, I wanted to take a moment to say congratulations to all those graduating this year! You've worked hard to get to this point!
I remember hearing a song when I was of graduating age. Not really a song, but an epic speech that yielded some great advice that has stuck with me over the years. I graduated high school 9 years ago now, and college 7 years ago. I was one of the lucky ones that knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life, and guess what... I'm still doing it!
My advice to this year's graduates?
- It's okay to not know exactly what you want to do with your life.
- Travel. When you get older, it won't be as easy to pick up and go.
- Don't sweat the small stuff. You won't remember a stupid argument 10 years from now.
- Cherish the friendships you have now. Trust me, friendships fade with distance.
- Do what YOU want to do. Don't do something just because you feel pressured.
Now have a listen to the song in the video below. Really listen to the words. It's dead on, I promise you that!
On that note, congratulations once again to all those graduating this year! I wish you nothing but the best!