Family of Four Displaced by Early Morning Fire in Sherman
A fire in the town of Sherman early Tuesday morning left a family of four homeless.
Fire crews from six towns battled the blaze at a former bed and breakfast on the Station Road in Sherman, according to a report from WABI-TV. Firefighters arrived around 6 a.m. to find the home fully engulfed in flames. Corey and Brittani Lane and their two daughters made it out safely.
A spokesman for the Sherman Fire Department said extreme cold made the blaze difficult to control as hoses and other equipment kept freezing up. The house was completely destroyed. The State Fire Marshal’s office is investigating.
The Red Cross is helping the Lane family with their immediate needs. A fund has also been set up for the family. Clothing and other donations can be dropped off at the Stacyville town office. The phone number is 365-4195.