Dry Conditions Fuel Wildfires in Western New Brunswick
Fire crews battled a windswept wildfire in Millville, New Brunswick for about 6 hours Monday evening.
The fire was reported around 4:30 p.m. near power lines off Route 104. Dozens of firefighters from Millville and surrounding communities worked together while a water bomber made several runs to extinguish the fire, which charred about 2 1/2 hectares. Millville Fire Chief Justin McGuigan says the fire was likely caused by a discarded cigarette.
Meanwhile, the Woodstock Fire Department was called to an out-of-control grass fire around 11 o'clock Monday night on Route 585. Crews was able to contain the blaze and keep it from spreading to nearby buildings. One shed sustained minor damage.