Despite Looming Postal Stoppage, New Brunswick Says Social Services Payments Will Go On Time
The New Brunswick government says payments for social services clients will be delivered as scheduled even though a Canada Post strike or stoppage may be on the way.
Leah Fitzgerald, communications director for the Department of Social Development, says clients who receive monthly payments can expect to have their cheque dated July 1 delivered as scheduled on June 30 by Canada Post, even with the possibility of a work stoppage as early as July 2.
Clients who receive payments from the department and do not have direct bank deposit are encouraged to contact their regional office to arrange for direct deposit.
If clients are expecting other payments from the department, these will be available beginning June 28 at the regional offices. Clients can make arrangements for pick up by contacting their regional office or their social worker in advance. Toll free phone numbers for the regional offices are as follows:
- Moncton (Region 1) - 1-866-426-5191
- Saint John (Region 2) - 1-866-441-4340
- Fredericton (Region 3) - 1-866-444-8838
- Edmundston (Region 4) - 1-866-441-4249
- Restigouche (Region 5) - 1-866-441-4245
- Chaleur (Region 6) - 1-866-441-4341
- Miramichi (Region 7) - 1-866-441-4246
- Acadian Peninsula (Region 8) - 1-866-441-4149