Country Pop Bites: Wynonna Judd – April 11
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1992 Wynonna got her first #1 single as a solo artist with "She Is His Only Need"?
It’s true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Wynonna that you may not have known.
- She was born Christina Claire Ciminella in Ashland, Kentucky on May 30, 1963.
- In 1979, Wynonna and her mother, Naomi changed their surnames from Ciminella to Naomi's rootsier-sounding maiden name, Judd.
- She has two children. Elijah Judd was born in 1994 and Grace Pauline Judd in 1996. She divorced their father in 1998.
- She was arrested for in 2003 for driving under the influence, just weeks before she married longtime boyfriend D.R. Roach.
- In 2007, her husband was arrested multiple counts of aggravated sexual battery on a child under the age of 13; Judd filed for divorce five days later.