Country Pop Bites: Vince Gill – March 31
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2006 Vince Gill along with a few others sang "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" en masse at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.?
It’s true! It was during a three-week run of country shows in the capitol. Also appearing at the concert were, Kris Kristofferson, Lee Ann Womack, The Judds and Ray Price.
Here is one of my favorite Vince Gill songs! Check out the video!
Here are 5 things about Vince Gill that you might not have known.
- Vincent Grant Gill on April 12, 1957, in Norman, Oklahoma.
- Gill's father, an appellate judge, taught him to play the guitar at an early age. Throughout his teens, he performed with local bluegrass groups, including the Bluegrass Alliance, Mountain Smoke and Boone Creek with future country star Ricky Skaggs.
- Gill has been recognized for his community involvement and participation in charity events, such as the annual Vince Gill Celebrity Basketball Game and the Vinny Pro-Celebrity Golf Invitational.
- Gill met and married fellow aspiring musician Janis Oliver, with whom he had a daughter, Jenny, in 1982. The couple later divorced.
- In March 2000, Gill married Christian pop singer Amy Grant. The couple's first child together (Grant has three children from a previous marriage), a girl named Corrina, was born the following year.