Country Pop Bites: Vince Gill – July 12
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2007 Fruit Of The Loom debuted an ad campaign featuring Vince Gill singing "Daddy Was The Apple Of My Eye" with various fruits from the company's logo playing in the band?
Check out this Vince Gill video!
Here are 5 little known truths about Vince Gill.
- Vincent Grant Gill was born on April 12, 1957, in Norman, Oklahoma.
- His Dad taught him to play the guitar when he was young. Throughout his teens, he performed with local bluegrass groups, including the Bluegrass Alliance, Mountain Smoke and Boone Creek with future country star Ricky Skaggs.
- He has been recognized for his community involvement and participation in charity events, such as the annual Vince Gill Celebrity Basketball Game and the Vinny Pro-Celebrity Golf Invitational.
- He met and married fellow aspiring musician Janis Oliver, with whom he had a daughter, Jenny, in 1982. The couple divorced after 16 years of marriage.
- He married Christian pop singer Amy Grant in 2000. They have a daughter named Corrina.