Country Pop Bites: Tracy Lawrence – August 28
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1993 Tracy Lawrence earned a #1 country single in Billboard with "Can't Break It To My Heart"?
It’s true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Tracy Lawrence.
- He wrote his first song when he was three years old. His mother had to write down the lyrics for him.
- He played in his first band at the age of sixteen and later attended Southern Arkansas University in Magnolia, Arkansas, where he was a member of the Epsilon Kappa chapter of Sigma Pi Fraternity.
- He worked as an ironworker and in phone sales while he tried to break into the music business.
- He started at a country music restaurant called "Live At Libby's" where owner Libby Knight would help local talent find their way into country music.
- In 1993 he and his former girlfriend were confronted by three armed men at a motel. The men robbed them and attempted to force the couple into her motel room. Lawrence resisted and was shot four times, allowing his girlfriend to escape. Two of the wounds were major and necessitated surgery. One of the bullets remains embedded in Lawrence's pelvis.