Country Pop Bites: Tracy Byrd – October 5
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2002 Tracy Byrd collected a #1 single in Billboard for "Ten Rounds With Jose Cuervo"?
It’s true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Tracy Byrd.
- Since 2009, he has been taking a break from touring to spend time with his wife and three children in Beaumont and coaching his two sons' Little Dribblers basketball teams and his son's Little League baseball team.
- He developed a crank bait fishing lure marketed by Norman Lures called The Lifestyles Of The Not So Rich & Famous', named after his hit recording of the song written by Byron Hill and Wayne Tester. For every one of the lures sold he donates ten cents to the Special Olympics.
- Every year he hosts a golfing/fishing/music event, "The Tracy Byrd Homecoming Weekend," in Southeast Texas to raise money for local charities, including the March of Dimes, the Children's Miracle Network, and culminating in the donation of money to fund the Tracy Byrd Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Care Center at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Beaumont.
- He also published Eat Like a Byrd: The Tracy Byrd Cookbook which "uses rubs and marinades to create memorable meals. He has also launched a line of spices, rubs, and marinades to go along with it, called "Tracy Byrd's Tiny Town Products.
- He and his wife, Michelle, have two sons Logan and Jared and a daughter Evee. The family owns Kitchen Koncepts, a store that sells kitchen appliances and housewares.