Country Pop Bites: Tracy Byrd – January 20
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2002 Tracy Byrd ran in the Houston Marathon?
It's true! It was his first time to compete in a 26.2-mile race. He finished in four hours, 55 minutes, and was joined on the run by band members Cary Stone and Johnny Carpenter.
Check out this Tracy Byrd video!
Here are 5 little known truths about Tracy Byrd.
- He used to work painting houses and working as a courier for a law firm; he was also the former house act at Beaumont honkytonk Cutter's.
- His hobbies include golf, Nascar races, fishing, hunting and scuba diving.
- His favorite color is blue.
- His musical influences include Bob Wills, Merle Haggard and George Strait.
- His first recording session was in the "studio" in a shopping mall where he paid $8 to have his vocals recorded with pre-recorded instruments; he sang Hank Williams' "Your Cheatin' Heart".