Country Pop Bites: Trace Adkins – March 22
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2005 Capitol released Trace Adkins' "Songs About Me" album?
It’s true! Check out the video.
Here are 5 facts about Trace Adkins.
- His pet peeves are that he hates slow drivers and he is afraid of snakes.
- He idolizes country stars like Merle Haggard and Ronnie Milsap, but also rock bands like the Eagles, Journey and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- His second wife, Julie, with whom he has two daughters, shot him in the chest during a domestic dispute. Adkins never pressed charges, but the pair divorced shortly after. However, Adkins was able to move on from the situation. He proposed to his current wife, Rhonda Forlaw, on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry in 1996. The couple married in 1997 and they now have three daughters together.
- After he graduated from Louisiana Tech University with a degree in petroleum technology, his left pinky was cut off while he was working on an oil rig. Doctors were able to reattach the finger, but it is permanently bent at an angle.
- While he was on ‘Celebrity Apprentice,’ Adkins played for the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network. The nonprofit organization is close to his heart because Adkins’ daughter Brianna suffers from severe allergic reactions to peanuts, milk and eggs.