Country Pop Bites: Toby Keith – December 14
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2002 Toby Keith made his Grand Ole Opry debut?
Check out this Toby Keith video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Toby Keith.
- He met his wife, Tricia, in 1979 at a club where his band, Easy Money, was performing; they dated for three years before marrying.
- For two years during the early '80s, he played defensive end for the Oklahoma Drillers, a semipro team affiliated with the USFL's Oklahoma Outlaws.
- His 1993 self-titled debut went platinum; and the single "Should've Been a Cowboy" from that album went onto become the most-played country song of the 1990s.
- He wrote the 2001 single "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" in response to the September 11 attacks and as a tribute to his late father's patriotism.
- He established his own record company, Show Dog Nashville, in 2005. The first album released under the new label was 2006's White Trash With Money.