Country Pop Bites: Tim McGraw – May 17
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2005 Tim McGraw's "Live Like You Were Dying" won Single Record and Song of the Year?
It's true! It was during the 40th annual Academy of Country Music awards, telecast on CBS from Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay. The song was written by Tim Nichols and Craig Wiseman.
Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Tim McGraw.
- His real name is actually Samuel Timothy McGraw.
- He is the son of major league baseball star Tug McGraw, but he didn't know that until he was 11-years-old.
- After graduating high school, Tim attended Northeast Louisiana University, where he studied sports medicine.
- He played in a band called The Electones while he was in college.
- He had three daughters: Gracie, Maggie and Audrey.