Country Pop Bites: Tim McGraw – January 17
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1998 Tim McGraw began a six-week residency at #1 on the Billboard country chart?
It’s true! It was with "Just To See You Smile!" Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Tim McGraw.
- In 2004, he made his film debut in the high-school football drama Friday Night Lights, playing an abusive father.
- He won the 2004 People's Choice Award for Favorite Male Musical Performer.
- He paired with rap star Nelly for the No. 1 ballad "Over and Over" in 2004.
- He sang a duet, "Me and Tennessee," with Gwyneth Paltrow for the film Country Strong (2010), in which he played her husband; Paltrow's real-life husband, Coldplay's Chris Martin, wrote the song.
- He organized, along with wife Faith Hill, the fundraising event Nashville Rising: A Benefit Concert for Flood Recovery in 2010.