Country Pop Bites: Tim McGraw – August 24
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2004 Curb released Tim McGraw's "Live Like You Were Dying" album?
It’s true! They also released the title track as a digital single. Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Tim McGraw.
- Tim grew up thinking that his mother’s husband, Horace Smith, was his father. The couple divorced when he was 9 and Tim discovered the truth. His real father was Tug McGraw, who was a relief pitcher in professional baseball.
- He changed his last name to McGraw when he went to college.
- He grew up listening to Charley Pride, Johnny Paycheck, and George Jones.
- He asked Faith Hill to marry him when they were on tour in Montana. He popped the question in his dressing room, which was housed in a trailer. Hill later accepted McGraw's proposal by writing "yes" on a mirror in his trailer while he was on stage, and the couple married on October 6, 1996.
- He and his family live in a six-bedroom home on 200 acres just outside of Nashville.