Country Pop Bites: Thomas Rhett – March 29
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1990 Thomas Rhett Akins Jr. was born at the Valdosta Medical Center in Georgia?
It's true! He is the son of singer/songwriter Rhett Akins. He earned hits with his 2012 singles "Something To Do With My Hands" and "Beer With Jesus." He also co-wrote Jason Aldean's "1994".
Check out this Thomas Rhett video!
Here are 5 little known truths about Thomas Rhett.
- He is married to Lauren Gregory, whom he has known since first grade. The couple married in October 2012.
- He attended Lipscomb University, where he was a member of Tau Phi Social Club.
- He writes a lot of songs with his Dad.
- He played football in High School.
- As a kid, he went to Reba McEntire’s Halloween parties. And he once got help on his English homework from Blake Shelton.