Country Pop Bites: Terri Clark – April 5
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1996 Terri Clark's self-titled debut became her first gold album?
It's true! Meaning the record sold 500,000 units (records, tapes or compact discs).
Check out this Terri Clark video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Terri Clark.
- Terri Lynn Sauson was born on August 5, 1968 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Her grandparents, Ray and Betty Gauthier, were both noted Canadian country musicians, having opened artists such as George Jones and Johnny Cash.
- Her mother, Linda, had belonged to the Canadian folk scene.
- Her parents divorced when she was young and her mother re-married. Clark's last name was taken from the man whom her mother had married.
- By high school, she had grown to love country music and worked at a local Chinese restaurant to save money to move to Nashville, Tennessee.