Country Pop Bites: Steve Azar – April 11
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1964 Steve Azar was born in Greenville, Mississippi?
It's true! He first gained attention with an independent album in 1996, although he waits another six years to score his first hit, "I Don't Have To Be Me ('Til Monday)".
Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Steve Azar.
- His full name is Stephen Thomas Azar.
- He began writing songs at 10 years old, which led him to develop as a guitarist.
- He had his first Nashville recording session when he was 14.
- After high school, he attended Delta State University where he played show after show, including the 1984 World’s Fair in New Orleans. Mississippi native Faith Hill remembers being at his shows as a fan in the front row.
- After graduating with a degree in business-management, he moved to Nashville in 1993, and in two days he was offered three song-publishing contracts.