Country Pop Bites: Shania Twain – November 8
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1997 Shania Twain started a five-week reign on Billboard's country chart with "Love Gets Me Every Time"?
Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Shania Twain.
- Shania Twain was born Eileen Regina Edwards in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, on August 28, 1965.
- She was raised in the small mining town of Timmins, Ontario, by her mother, Sharon, and stepfather, an Ojibway Indian named Gerald Twain. (She later changed her name from Eileen to "Shania"; an Ojibway word meaning "I'm on my way").
- In 1987, her mother and stepfather were tragically killed in a car accident, leaving Twain to care for her three younger siblings.
- She had a son named Eja (pronounced "Asia") in 2001.
- She and husband Robert "Mutt" Lange parted ways after 14 years of marriage on May 15, 2008.