Country Pop Bites: Shania Twain – March 27
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2002 Shania Twain's "Come On Over" album was certified for shipments of 19 million units?
Check out this Shania video!
Here are 5 little known facts about Shania Twain.
- Shania Twain was born Eileen Regina Edwards in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, on August 28, 1965.
- She was raised in the small mining town of Timmins, Ontario, by her mother, Sharon, and stepfather, an Ojibway Indian named Gerald Twain. (She later changed her name from Eileen to “Shania”; an Ojibway word meaning “I’m on my way”).
- In 1987, her mother and stepfather were tragically killed in a car accident, leaving Twain to care for her three younger siblings.
- She had a son named Eja (pronounced “Asia”) in 2001.
- She and husband Robert “Mutt” Lange parted ways after 14 years of marriage on May 15, 2008.