Country Pop Bites: Ricochet – July 20
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1996 Ricochet deposited "Daddy's Money" at #1 on the Billboard country singles chart?
It’s true! Remember that one?
Let me refresh your memory! Listen to the song here!
Here are 5 little known truths about Ricochet.
- Ricochet formed in 1993, it included drummer Jeff Bryant, lead guitarist/singer Heath Wright, fiddle and mandolin player Junior Bryant along with bassist/vocalist Greg Cook, steel guitar player Teddy Carr, and keyboardist/rhythm guitarist/saxophonist/vocalist Eddie Kilgallon.
- Ricochet has been compared to the Eagles, Restless Heart, and Southern Pacific.
- The Bryant brothers were raised in a small town in Texas, where their father was a keyboardist who once worked with Roy Orbison, and their mother was a bass guitar player.
- Junior Bryant’s influences were Vassar Clements, Bob Wills, Roy Rogers, and Jean-Luc Ponty.
- Wright and Cook were childhood friends in their hometown of Vian, Oklahoma, and offer inventive guitar and bass interchanges.