Country Pop Bites: Reba McEntire – October 19
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1985 Reba McEntire sang the national anthem prior to the first game of the World Series at Royal Stadium in Kansas City?
It's true! The Cardinals beat the Royals, 3-1.
Check out this Reba video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Reba McEntire.
- She sang with her brother Pake and sister Susie as the Singing McEntires as a child.
- She worked on the WPRA rodeo circuit for 10 years in quarter-horse barrel racing.
- She almost didn't make it to her debut at the Grand Ole Opry on September 17, 1977. A guard at the gate didn't see her name on the list and refused to let her in. It took a call from her booking agent to resolve the problem.
- She was offered the role of Molly Brown in Titanic, but had to decline due to scheduling conflicts.
- She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on September 18, 1998.