Country Pop Bites: Rascal Flatts – March 4
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2010 Rascal Flatts had a guest role on CBS-TV's "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"?
It’s true! The script had bass player Jay DeMarcus electrocuted in the opening scene as the band played "Unstoppable". Check out the video.
Here are 5 things about Rascal Flatts that you may not have known.
- The band Rascal Flatts consists of cousins Gary LeVox and Jay DeMarcus, plus pal Joe Don Rooney.
- Jay DeMarcus started his career as part of the Christian group East to West. He moved to Nashville in 1992, and convinced Gary to move from their hometown in Columbus, Ohio to Nashville in 1997.
- Jay was once a member of Chely Wright's band. That’s where he met Joe Don Rooney.
- For 2006's Cars, Rascal Flatts provided Lightning McQueen with some driving music: a likable cover of Tom Cochrane's Life Is a Highway.
- Some of their musical influences include Alabama, Shenandoah, George Jones, Earl Thomas Conley, Keith Whitley and Stevie Wonder.