Country Pop Bites: Porter Wagoner – July 14
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2006 Porter Wagoner had emergency surgery in Nashville for an abdominal aortic aneurysm?
Check out this Porter Wagoner video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Porter Wagoner.
- Porter Wayne Wagoner was born on August 12, 1927 in West Plains, Missouri.
- Wagoner started in radio, and then became a regular on ABC's Ozark Mountain Jubilee, one of the first nationally televised country music shows.
- He was known as "The Thin Man From West Plains" because of his lanky frame.
- He once sued Dolly Parton for $3 million in assets. They settled outside of court.
- He died of lung cancer on October 28, 2007 in a Nashville hospice. He is survived by his son, Richard, and two daughters, Denise and Debra.