Country Pop Bites: Phil Vassar – June 9
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2003 Phil Vassar appeared on NBC-TV's "Days Of Our Lives?"
It's true! He performed in a scene that references Fan Fair, which ended the previous day in Nashville.
Check out this Phil Vassar video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Phil Vassar.
- While in college at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA, he took up playing the piano, and eventually found work as a singer in clubs.
- On March 26, 2002, he married Julie Wood, with whom he co-wrote his singles "That's When I Love You" and "The Woman in My Life".
- His brother-in-law, Jeff Wood, is also a country music artist, who recorded one studio album on Imprint Records in 1997 and charted three singles, in addition to co-writing album tracks for Vassar and other artists.
- He has two daughters: Haley, born August 27, 1998, from a previous marriage, and Presley Jade, born December 4, 2003 with Wood-Vassar.
- He and Wood later divorced in 2007.