Country Pop Bites: Patty Loveless – March 23
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1996 Patty Loveless topped the Billboard country chart with "You Can Feel Bad"?
It's true! That had to make her feel better! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Patty Loveless.
- She is a distant cousin of Loretta Lynn and Crystal Gayle.
- She was a member of her family’s band, “Singin’Swingin’ Rameys”.
- She was invited to travel with Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton on weekends during the summer when she wasn’t in school.
- She has been married twice, first to Terry Lovelace (1976–1986), from whom her professional name “Loveless” is derived, and to Emory Gordy, Jr. (1989–present), who is also her producer.
- She had surgery on her vocal cords in the early 90s.