Country Pop Bites: Mark Wills – August 8
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 1973 Mark Wills was born in born in Cleveland, Tennessee?
It’s true! After winning the Academy of Country Music's Top New Male award in 1999, he earned his signature hit with the nostalgic 2002 single "19 Somethin”.
Check out the video!
Here are 5 little known truths about Mark Wills.
- His real name is Daryl Mark Williams.
- At the age of 17, he entered a local talent contest in Marietta, Georgia, and WON!
- He has performed for our troops more than seven times. His trips have taken him to Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait.
- He has also performed at several events for the Champions for Champions Organization, the USO and a variety of Fallen Soldier Charities here in the U.S.
- In 2010 he suffered from an intestinal infection that could have taken his life, but he pulled through with a nine-inch long scar to remind him of its value.