Country Pop Bites: Love and Theft – March 28
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2009 Love And Theft performed "Runaway" in its Grand Ole Opry debut?
It’s true! Check out the video.
Here are 5 fun facts about Love and Theft.
- Love and Theft was founded in 2006 by Brian Bandas, Stephen Barker Liles, and Eric Gunderson
- Love and Theft became a duo in 2011 when founding member Brian Bandas left the band.
- Their musical influences include the Eagles, Roy Orbison and Elvis Presley.
- Coincidentally, both Stephen and Eric—who didn’t meet until they were in their early 20s—were practically raised in church. Stephen’s father is a pastor and Eric’s father is a worship pastor.
- Their respective fathers fed them a steady diet of gospel, oldies and country.