Country Pop Bites: Lee Ann Womack – June 6
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2008 MCA released the Lee Ann Womack single "Last Call" to radio?
It's true! Check out the video!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Lee Ann Womack.
- As a child, she would often accompany her father, a disc jockey, to the radio station and help pick out records for him to play.
- Her first single "Never Again, Again" was released in 1997.
- She won the CMA Single of the Year for "I Hope You Dance," which was released in 2000 and was a crossover success on the pop and adult-contemporary charts.
- Among her acting credits is a 2003 episode of The District, in which she played a popular singer who received death threats.
- In 2005, she was nominated for six CMA awards and won three, including Musical Event of the Year for her collaboration with George Strait on "Good News, Bad News."