Country Pop Bites: Lee Ann Womack – January 6
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2005 Lee Ann Womack's "I May Hate Myself In The Morning" video debuted on CMT?
It's true! It featured Jack Ingram.
Check it out!
Here are 5 little known facts about Lee Ann Womack.
- She is the daughter of a radio disc jockey. She developed a love of music early on. She often accompanied her father to work and helped pick out songs for him to play.
- She pursued her interest in country music at South Plains Junior College in Levelland, Texas. While there, she joined the Country Caravan, a college band.
- She left to study music business at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee. She decided to stay in Nashville permanently in 1990.
- She began performing in clubs and promoting herself as a songwriter and a contract as a staff writer with Tree Publishing in 1995.
- She has been married twice, and has two daughters. With her first husband, singer Jason Sellers, she had daughter Aubrie in 1991. Womack had daughter Anna Lise in January 1999 with producer Frank Liddell. The couple married later that year.