Country Pop Bites: LeAnn Rimes – February 20
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2005 LeAnn Rimes sang "Nothin' 'Bout Love Makes Sense" at halftime during the NBA all-star basketball game at Denver's Colorado Convention Center?
It’s true! Big & Rich also performed "Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)" during the halftime show as well. And for the record, the East beat the West, 125-115. Check out LeAnn’s video.
Here are 5 things about LeAnn Rimes that you may not have known.
- She was born Margaret LeAnn Rimes in Jackson, Mississippi, the only child of Wilbur and Belinda.
- At age 6, she won her first talent contest when she performed "Getting to Know You."
- At 6, LeAnn Rimes competed against girls twice her age for the lead role in the Broadway sequel to Annie. She made it to the finals, but was deemed too young for the role. Instead, she wound up on stage as Tiny Tim in a Dallas production of A Christmas Carol.
- LeAnn was just 8 years old when she went to her first concert. It was Reba McEntire.
- LeAnn was just 13 years old when she took the music world by storm in 1996 with the release of "Blue."