Country Pop Bites: Kenny Rogers – March 16
Did you know that on this day in Country Music History in 2005 Kenny Rogers and Lionel Richie taped an installment of "CMT Crossroads" at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium?
It’s true! The set list included "Three Times A Lady," "She Believes In Me," "Lady" and "The Gambler". Check out the video.
Here are 5 things about Kenny Rogers that you might not have known.
- He was born August 21, 1938 in Houston, Texas. (He’s older than he looks!)
- Rogers grew up poor, living with his parents and six siblings in a federal housing project.
- Rogers starred in several television movies inspired by his songs, including 1980's The Gambler, which spawned several sequels, and 1981's Coward of the County. On the big screen, he played a race car driver in the comedy Six Pack.
- Rogers went through a dramatic change in his personal life in 2004. He and his fifth wife, Wanda, welcomed twin boys Jordan and Justin in July—just a month before his 66th birthday.
- He admits to having plastic surgery to make himself look more youthful, but he was unhappy with the results of how his eyes turned out.